Legal Help Made Easy
Make better, smarter decisions for your businessSee if Your Business Qualifies
When legal issues come up, you don’t want to waste hours doing your own research, and you don’t want to risk making a costly mistake. With BizCounsel, it’s never been easier to get the legal help you need. You’ll have a team that’s got your back, with the assurance that everything’s done right.
Get personalized legal help in minutes
We don’t expect you to be a legal expert. That’s why we take care of your business’ legal needs in one place. With BizCounsel, legal help is just a phone call away.
Put more time into what's important
Stop wasting time researching the law, reading through contracts, or trying to make template agreements work for you. Let us take care of the legal stuff, so you can put more time back into your business.
Be confident you’re doing it right
Contracts. Leases. Employment issues. Business structure. Debt collection. Taxes. Whatever the issue, you’ll be 100% confident it’s done the right way with BizCounsel.
How we can help
Legal advice and guidance without paying by the hour
Speak with your attorney whenever you need to - about whatever your business needs. Never be scared of a big bill just to pick up the phone.
Get contracts reviewed quickly and conveniently
Need to make sure a contract is OK to sign? We’ll cut through the legalese and make sure it’s fair. We’ll read through the fine print to protect you from "gotcha" clauses.
Custom drafted documents with 100% price certainty
When you need a custom-drafted contract or agreement, you'll get an upfront, fixed-fee quote for the project. No running time clocks, and no hidden charges.
Packages designed for small business
- Unlimited consultations with a dedicated attorney that can grow with your business.
- Upfront, flat-rates for any custom document drafting
- No cost registered agent services included ($300 value)
- Two contract reviews of 10 pages or less included per month ($300 value)
- Access to BizCounselNOW™ - Get quick answers to questions and short documents by email
- On-call tax advice and discounted tax preparation from a team of tax professionals
All the features of Basic, plus:
- Add 5 extra pages to your included contract reviews (15 total pages per contract) ($470 value)
- No cost registered agent services for up to 3 entities ($900 value)
- Compliance Monitoring and Filings -- We'll proactively file reports to ensure compliance with Secretary of State regulations
All the features of Basic and Premium, plus:
"Moving to BizCounsel for our legal needs has saved us time, money, and most of all, unnecessary stress."Daniel F., Owner
"Our relationship with BizCounsel has been a vital part of our company’s success."Sulynn C., Owner
"I call my BizCounsel attorney any time something legal comes up, so I can pay attention to running my restaurant and serving my guests."Mark Verge, Owner
"Using BizCounsel has eliminated the need for hiring a full-time attorney to keep our business running."Mark Mittleman, Owner
"BizCounsel has saved our company thousands in legal fees."Max D., Owner
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you offer such affordable prices? What’s the catch?
At BizCounsel, we’re changing the economics of the legal profession so that the system works better for everyone. No one wants to pay $300 per hour just to speak to their attorney. And on the other side, lawyers make most of their income by drafting contracts and performing real legal work, not by simply talking to clients.
By offering advice and consultations for a fixed monthly fee, we hope you’ll build a long-lasting relationship with your attorney based on trust. Then, when you need a contract drafted or need real legal work done, you’ll turn to your BizCounsel attorney first.
- How do I know my lawyer is any good?
Every BizCounsel attorney has spent a minimum of 7,500 hours crafting solutions for small business owners. Every attorney is fully licensed by the state, graduated from an ABA-accredited law school, and is in good standing by their respective state bar associations.
Just as importantly, we ask our members to review every attorney, and we are always providing our attorneys with up-to-date technology, continuing legal education and client feedback for improvement.
- What kinds of legal issues can I run by my attorney?
Your BizCounsel attorney can advise you on most legal issues that affect small businesses. These include vendor and customer contracts, client disputes, lease agreements, employment matters, service contracts, debt collection, corporate formation, regulatory compliance and more. However, there are some limitations. Please see the Legal Plan Contract for details.
- Is it easy to get started?
Absolutely. It only takes a few minutes to get up and running once you chat with one of our team members. We can schedule your first consultation with your BizCounsel attorney usually within 24-48 hours.
- "BizCounsel members can get legal advice from its network of business attorneys, without paying by the hour."
- "The model also changes the economics for lawyers and their practices, enabling them to serve more clients and charge them less."
- "BizCounsel is the natural progression from LegalZoom."
- "A unique startup — BizCounsel — might be the answer."